Sunday, January 11, 2009

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is not just a place in offaly

Christ,that's twice now in the 2nd millenium that I've fallen foul to a house without heating. What in the name of god is up with that? Ireland and Spain are both fairly modern and developed countries so when searching for accommodation, not once, never ever while asking are the bin charges and chorus included have I considered inquiring about whether there is heating or not. Being able to see your breath inside is never a good thing, definitely not almost everyday. I don't think I ever went to the bathroom once I had taken refuge under my 2 quilts for the night because I'd probably freeze to death on the toilet... that's not the way I want to go, I'm not Elvis like.

Tonight I will wear 2 pairs of p.j. bottoms, 1 p.j. top and a hoody while cowering under a sheet, a pathetic Spanish excuse for a quilt (blanket with frills and flowers), an industrial strength blanket (9000 years old) and a fleecey throw (best €3 I ever spent) and slipper socks.

Character building I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment